Sarangani Province | Solo Backpacking



Traveling solo? Why not! It might be a bit scary and lonely, but I find it more exciting and liberating, something you have to experience, atleast once in your life. When you're feeling lost and drained, wanting to have a laid-back getaway, need to take a break from everything or just want to enjoy your own company, then try to go somewhere far alone in a safe and beautiful place.

In most cases, I've been traveling with a loved one and friends, so to make a difference, I finally tried my first solo backpacking and I did it in the province of Sarangani.

Sarangani Province is located in the southern part of the Philippines.

© Wikipedia


The province is part of the SOCSKSARGEN (South Cotabato, Cotabato Province, Sultan Kudarat, Sarangani and General Santos) divided into 7 municipalities. Maasim, Kiamba and Maitum is located in the western part, while Malungon, Alabel, Malapatan and Glan is situated in the eastern part.


WHAT I DID??? 

DAY 1 
Day Tour in Gumasa, Sarangani

I really don't know how to swim but believe me I am a beach lover. Going to beach is always my favorite escape. I've been to a lot of beaches and Gumasa beach located in the town of Glan Sarangani  is on my 'must visit' list. The place will surely give you a blissful and peaceful getaway where you can truly enjoy the beach vibe minus the crowd.

Beachfront of Isla Jardin in Gumasa

Isla Jardin is one of the many beaches of Gumasa. This is probably the most recommended beach featuring their enticing long white seashore.
Regular day tour entrance Fee is 70php while the overnight entrance fee is 100php.



Price for open cottage is ranging from 500php to 600php for the daytour guests. Night tour rates cost 800php to 900php.

Open Cottages

Resort's room rates start from 1500php to 5000php.

Villas


Restaurant

Foods in their restaurant are quite pricey. Take a look at their the menu for your guide. ⬇⬇


My lunch 🍴

Enjoying the beach alone like I own it! πŸ˜‰


I only spent 3 hours and half in Isla Jardin because I have to catch the last trip back to Gensan. But before heading back, I dropped by to other resorts of Gumasa and had a chance to get a glimpse of Coco Beach Resort, which also has a long stretch of powdery white sand.

Beachfront of Coco

Coco Beach Resort's Cottages

Shoreline of Rosal Beach Resort

I cannot tell you how much is the entrance fee of Coco and Rosal, because surprisingly, I entered the resort for free. Great right? My secret!? I came slightly sneaking out when I took a picture of their paradise. Lol πŸ˜‚


Day 2

Paragliding at Maasim Sarangani



With my Pilot Kuya Reym


Being up in the sky is a cloud nine experience where you can truly see and appreciate God's beautiful creation on a higher level. I've already tried Parasailing in Boracay and Ultralight Plane Ride in Mati, Davao Oriental but Paragliding for sure will give you a different exhilarating experience. 


I booked my tandem flight at Soar High Sarangani. The Paragliding fly sight is located at Maasim, Sarangani just one hour away from Gensan (Pickup Place).



Enjoying Sarangani Skies ♥




How to get to Gumasa, Glan?

FROM DAVAO CITY:
Take a bus bound to Gensan at Ecoland Terminal. Travel  time will usually take 3 to 4 hours. Regular bus fare is 240php.

Upon arriving at Gensan, take a tricycle to KCC Mall where the terminal going to Glan is located. Travel time will take one hour or more. Van fare is 114php. Drop down station is at Alegado Glan Terminal.

At the terminal, there are tricycles that will take you to Gumasa Beach which is just 20 minutes away. Regular fare is 60php per head one way. But in my case, I came solo so I paid 250php for my back and forth ride to Gumasa. Make sure to book a two way ride because transportation going back to Glan is a bit scarce.



My Sample Itinerary Guide 🚌

DAY 1 VISITED GUMASA BEACH, GLAN SARANGANI

7:00am➡ETD from Davao City

10:30am➡Arrived at Gensan
10:50am➡Left Gensan
11:55am➡Arrived at Glan Alegado Terminal
12:15pm➡Arrived at Isla Jardin Gumasa
3:45pm➡ Left Isla Jardin
3:50pm➡Dropped by at Coco Beach and Rosal
4:10pm➡Left Gumasa
4:20pm➡Arrived at Alegado Terminal
4:50pm➡Left Glan Terminal
6:00pm➡Back to Gensan

DAY 2 PARAGLIDING AT MAASIM, SARANGANI

6:00am➡Wake up Call
7:30am➡Left Gensan
8:40am➡Arrived at Maasim, Sarangani
9:30am➡Start of the Paragliding Activity
11:30am➡End of the Activity
11:40am➡Left Massim
12:50pm➡ Arrived at Gensan
12:50pm➡Lunch
1:30pm➡Left Gensan
5:00pm➡Arrived at Davao City


Note:
If you have more time, you can also visit Tuka Marine Beach located in Kiamba,  Sarangani. Travel time will take one hour or more from Maasim.


Just a friendly reminder:
DON'T THROW GARBAGES ANYWHERE. CLEAN AS YOU GO!

ENJOY SARANGANI ♥




If you have questions about my trip, feel free to drop a comment. πŸ˜‰

Comments

Anonymous said…
❤️

Popular posts from this blog

Things to do in Davao City | My Top List

Siargao Island | Short Trip